Fresh Off The Press!
1. "Clothing Sizing & Body Image" by Derby City Darling // So much truth is spoken in this post. I can't tell you how many times I've left a store discouraged because the number on the tag of the piece of clothing that fit me. I mean, how crazy is that? It still blows my mind that there isn't a certain standard of what is considered a 2, 4, 6, etc. I know without a doubt that at Express and American Eagle my jeans size is a 4 Short, but at Anthropologie and J. Crew I'm a 2 Reg, and I've found stores that the size that fits me is a 6! I mean, really? How does that even happen? Get it together, people!
2. "Strawberry Heart Pie" by Miss Buttercup // I don't bake nearly as often as I used to and I actually really miss it! I'm hoping that we end up with a full social calendar this Summer that will give me plenty of opportunities to bake until I'm sick of it again. How amazing does this pie look!? P.S. Just so that I'm keeping it real here, I can almost guarantee that I do not have enough patience to make this heart crust look as beautiful as Miss Buttercup did, but I can certainly try!
3. "Fresh Faced" by The Small Things Blog // I've been a long time follower of Kate from The Small Things Blog from her crazy good hair tutorials that are all over Pinterest, but what I didn't expect when I truly started following her was how honest she is! I love that she is one of the few bloggers that will truly give you 100% of her honest opinion about different products. She does her monthly favorites, but includes the products that were a bit disappointing as well. Her transparency is what keeps me reading along, and I truly trust her recommendations when it comes to, well, just about anything! I'm stoked to try a few of the products she mentioned in this post about look fresh faced! I'm not huge on everyday make up (as in, I moisturize in the car and throw on some mascara) so having a few go-to products could really open new doors for me in the beauty department! P.S. How many times can one person say "truly" in one paragraph. Apparently I accepted that challenge when I was writing this one ... Whoops! :)
4. "Interview with Becky Murphy" by Rubi Jones // I discovered Becky earlier this week from her podcast interview on The Lively Show and immediately had to tweet her out of excitement. Everything she said in that podcast inspired me and brought so much clarity to what I'm doing in this awkward in between stage I'm in. Not to mention she wrote a whole book about being short (hey fellow 5'2 ladies!) and she designed the print in the photo above about not washing her hair. I mean, really? We're basically soul sisters. Oh, and she also reminds me of Kaitlyn from The Bachelor (and now The Bachelorette!) which of course makes me a fan of hers that much more. Creepy much? Probably, but trust me. You need to check this girl out! Which brings me to this interview that I stumbled upon on Twitter ... Go read it!
Things I'm Excited About
1. The blogging community has me seriously excited this week. Between having such close friends (+ my mom!) involved and having the opportunity to meet online friends in real life, it's always opening doors!
2. With the warm weather comes more regular brunch dates with my people. We were in a habit for a while of doing every other weekend at Wild Eggs, and I'm stoked that we've decided to mix it up a bit! We're planning on hitting a new brunch spot every Saturday. So, if you're in Louisville and have any great brunch recommendations, let me know!
3. Photography season! We are finally getting back into the warmer temperatures which means that more and more people are looking to go out and get they're photo taken! I can't wait for Senior + Engagement sessions this year. I already have a few on the books, but I'd love to work with you! You can check out my portfolio here.
4. Yes, there is a fourth spot in this column this week and that's because Sean just came into my office with some funny/exciting news! I mentioned in this post that we were working on our collage basketball brackets for work and apparently I'm in 1st place! Not only am I in 1st place at work, but I'm in the 99.9% nationwide! I mean, it's still early but how awesome would it be if I won?