Fresh Off The Press!
1. "Slow & Steady" by Design for Mankind // I've heard of Erin's blog, Design for Mankind, before but I had never taken the time to explore it. When someone on Twitter retweeted this post of hers, I was more than intrigued. One post in, this one in particular, has me fully convinced that I need some Erin in my life. My favorite blogs to read are the ones where you know the author, the person behind the blog, and Erin definitely makes herself known. Not to mention there's some crazy good advice in this post about the unreal expectations that us one woman/man shows put on ourselves to be at the same caliber as full time bloggers who have a full team behind them.
2. "Small Change Over Time = Big Change" by Unfancy // I've always been the adventurous type, and after reading this post Caroline has me wanting to really embrace it! There's not a whole lot that I can say about this without spoiling the article, but it's definitely worth the read!
3. "Learning to Forgive" by Lauren McMullen // I've been following along with Lauren's journey since my mom had me follow her sister, Lydia, on Instagram. Y'all, this whole family is so precious, honest, raw and beautiful. Reading through this small part of Lauren's story gave me an even greater glimpse into who she is. The things that she shared in this post are not uncommon, and the way that she handled them isn't uncommon either. If you're a fan of heart to hearts, honesty and learning more about God's grace, check out this post. Thanks for sharing, girl!
4. "Green Thumb: How to Start a Balcony Garden" by Lauren Conrad // After hitting on 3 of the deepest posts I've ever shared on my Fave Online Finds, I figured I should probably share something a bit more light hearted. I've been wanting to start some sort of garden since we moved into our first apartment 3 years ago. We only have about 5 more months at our current space, but I'm taking full advantage of my big deck and sunlight this Spring and planting ALL the plants. These tips are exactly what I need to get started!
Things I'm Excited About
1. Guys. My birthday is in 2 DAYS! Sunday morning brunch will be celebrated with an extra mimosa and "I'm feelin' 22" will be the soundtrack to my day. Birthdays are my favorite!
2. I'm ending week 2 of only having 1 soda a day and it feels like a migraine, but really great at the same time. I've been drinking 4 sodas a day for quite some time now which basically means that I'm addicted to caffeine + fizzy drinks. Here's to kicking off Spring with a healthy start!
3. Last, but not least, I am so thrilled to be hanging out with some fellow Southern Blog Society members for brunch tomorrow! One of my favorite things about blogging is the connections and friendships that stem from it, and I mean, what's better than brunch AND new friends?