Source unknown // Photo found on Pinterest via Tumblr
This photo is a perfect depiction of how I have felt lately. Luckily, underneath all of the overwhelmed feelings, there is joy. With so much going on in my life on a day to day basis, it's hard to not feel this way. Now, don't worry. I'm not going to go on a rant about the glorification of how "busy" I am. Simply because I don't believe that being "busy" is a positive thing to be.
I am immensely blessed to have been given the opportunities I have been given that take up my time on a daily basis. In the last 6 months all of these amazing things have happened ...
1. My step-dad's company has doubled since I started working for him which has upped the work load at my day job. Though I'm working my butt off to get away from the desk job and onto my journey as a full time creative entrepreneur, it is incredibly inspiring to see what hard work and dedication can bring when there is passion, focus and the grace of God.
2. I have been given three ah-maze-ing opportunities with my own business,
, in the last few months that have absolutely blown my mind.
3. I launched a brand new company,
, with one of my best friends. For those of you who have ever been a part of a start up know how much heart and time is poured into a brand new baby company. It's crazy to see our real live website up and running!
4. I started this lovely space of a blog to document my life. Thank God for that.
5. I moved into a new house with the love of my life and our sweet pup which is slowly, but surely, starting to feel more like home.
I have been procrastinating from getting a blog post up simply because it hasn't been a top priority for me. I have been overthinking too many things and I have been a little more than intimidated by my to-do list. But, you know what? This long to-do list is what I have been living and breathing for. It is the starting signs of the fruits of my labor and now is so not the time to start pushing things to the back burner.
I wasn't exactly sure where I was going to go with this post when I sat down to write it this morning, but I'm glad that it went in the direction that it did. We all need a little reality check every once in a while, right? What in your life is making you overthink things and feel overwhelmed? I'd love to hear about them in the comments section below so I know I'm not the only one!
With lots of love,