I've never been a huge make-up kind of gal, unless you count middle school and early high school when I felt like I had to wear make-up to look halfway decent. Full disclosure, I am totally not an expert when it comes to all things beauty. I pick up tips from other bloggers, YouTube, and Pinterest, and then I just kind of wing it. So, if you find yourself in the same boat, these are some of my tried and true favorites! Most of these products I've been using for the last 6 months or longer, and I seriously have nothing negative to say about any of them.
1. Triple Sec Texturizing Spray via Drybar // Once I chopped off my long locks, it was time for a refresher when it came to styling my hair. The soft and shiny look that I was once trying to achieve was completely opposite from what I was going for once the ends of my hair hit my chin. That's where Triple Sec comes in! Not only does it act as my dry shampoo, but it adds volume AND texture at the same time. It's the perfect way to create an effortless look while actually not putting in any effort at all. Spray, tousle, and you're good to go!
2. Amazonian Clay Mineral Foundation via Tarte // I haven't worn foundation regularly since high school, and honestly, it was the best thing I could have done for my skin. Even now my everyday wear is just a touch of concealer, but when I have somewhere special to go, or have a photoshoot scheduled, this will now forever be my first choice. I used to be a huge fan of Bare Minerals, and not to bash my long time favorite, but this stuff knocks it out of the park. It's a full coverage foundation, but it takes a little bit to build so you can really customize it to what you're going for with your look. If you end up snagging this, I would definitely recommend picking up their kabuki brush, too. The whole combination is magic.
3. POREfessionals via Benefit Cosmetics // I got this in a sample size from a Christmas gift years ago from my BFF Amanda, and I've literally been using it ever since. I struggle with large pores on and around my nose, and I've never found a product that completely eliminates them until this product. My first thought was that this stuff was definitely going to make me break out, but I'm happy to say that hasn't been an issue at all! If you're looking for something that will literally make your skin look flawless, this is the way to go. It does have sort of a perfume smell that irritates my allergies a bit when I'm applying it, but the scent fades out almost immediately.
4. Albeit Lipstick via Anthropologie // So this one was a little bit of a splurge for me. I'm not the biggest make-up geek in the world, but I am seriously so happy that I picked this one up. It's a moisturizing lipstick so you can build the color up as intensely or as softly as you'd like to wear it, and it leaves my lips feeling smooth all day long. I've never been one to reach for lipsticks because I hate when my lips feel cracked and dried out throughout the day, but this one has completely changed my tune. I have the Peony and Violette shades, and I really love them both!
5. Cream Contour Kit via Anastasia Beverly Hills // Similar to my foundation routine, I definitely do not contour my face everyday. I reserve it for photoshoots and special occasions. That being said, this palette is hands down the best one I've ever tried. I have the powder version of this as well, but I personally prefer the cream base. It's easier to apply, and your lines stick around all day long without a problem.
6. BADgal Lash Mascara via Benefit Cosmetics // This mascara has been a long time favorite of mine. I've ventured out recently trying "They're Real!" from Benefit, and though the formula is awesome, I'm just not a fan of the plastic brush. When I'm applying mascara, I'm looking for volume AND length, and the BADgal Lash does just that! This one will be in my stash for a really long time.
7. Sensitive Cleanser Wipes via Burt's Bees // I don't know about you, but I am not the best at keeping a solid nighttime skin routine. Back when I first discovered LUSH, I bought pretty much everything under the sun. Cleanser, exfoliator, toner, moisturizer ... And honestly, my skin had never seemed more dull. That's where these super convenient little wipes come in. I keep these in my bedside table so when I inevitably forget to wash my wash at night, I can reach over and do it with my head still on my pillow. #lazygirlproblems
8. Powder Play via Big Sexy Hair // Similar to the Triple Sec from Drybar that I mentioned earlier, this stuff has become a staple for me since I chopped my hair. It's the easiest way I've found to add major volume to my hair that doesn't end up making it fall flat in a matter of minutes. Be warned that you definitely don't want to use too much of this at once. A little goes a very, very long way. Trust me, it's like powder cement, but for your hair.
9. Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush via Tarte // I know I mentioned the Amazonian Clay Mineral Foundation already, but this blush deserves a shoutout. I was exclusively using the NARS shade that everyone and their mom RAVES about, but it was honestly just too pink for my skin tone. I always found myself dulling it down with a little bit of bronzer until one day I decided that the shade just wasn't for me. I stumbled upon this blush at the same time that I was buying the foundation, and let me tell you, it's no joke. It seriously lasts all day long! I have the "Exposed" shade, and it gives me the exact look that I was creating with my bronzer and blush combo.
10. Erase Paste Concealer via Benefit Cosmetics // The fact that I haven't been using this concealer all my life just makes me sad because it's that good. It's a cream based concealer that literally works for anything you'd ever wish to cover up. Not only does it conceal, but it brightens at the same time so it's my go-to when I need to instantly look wide awake after just rolling out of bed. I seriously love this stuff!