FRESH OFF THE PRESS
1. "The Lettermate" on The Grommet // I found this genius little thing on Pinterest earlier this week and I am completely obsessed! With all of the wedding planning I've been doing lately (my latest fixation) addressing envelopes is something I'm planning on being a professional at within the next few months!
2. "Easy Five Minute Terrarium" by Headed Somewhere // When we moved into our new rental last year I was so stoked that we finally had space for me to start a mini little garden! Well, a patio garden at least. I went out and bought a ton of the easiest flowers to take care of at Lowe's, keeping my fingers crossed that I had the green thumb gene from my mom and mimi. Long story short, the flowers I planted died within a week, and if this print I designed doesn't speak to my pure black thumb, I don't know what will! I've never tried my hand at succulents, but apparently they're supposed to be pretty indestructible! Wish me luck!
3. "That Time We Gave Away A House" by A Beautiful Mess // I posted on Twitter yesterday that there is a lot of negativity surrounding social media, but I really do think that there is so much opportunity for good to come out of it. Ironically, the first thing I saw when I brought up Facebook this morning was this post from the lovely ladies at ABM. If you haven't been keeping up with their Habitat for Humanity project, they teamed up to give away a house to a family in need. How amazing is that!? If that's not using social media (and blogging) for good, then I don't know what is.
4. "DIY Modern Farm Table Tutorial" by Maddie Richardson // I don't know what it is about big farm tables, but they can make any room feel like home. The thought of having a table in our future home that we meet at every single day that Sean and I built ourselves (mostly Sean, let's be real here) is a dream of mine. Thanks to Maddie's simple tutorial we may just be able to pull it off!
THINGS I'M EXCITED ABOUT
1. We're officially in talks of planning our houseboat trip this soon! My family takes a houseboat trip every year as a mini vacation, and it's the one time a year we're all together for a long period of time. On a boat. In the middle of the lake. With no way to get away from anyone. It's a great time, I swear. :)
2. I feel like I say this all the time, but to finally have a weekend at home is sounding pretty darn good right now! We'll finally have the opportunity to get some housework done and a whole day dedicated to rest.
3. I've been working on a couple of fun new projects that will hopefully push this business of mine to the next level. I can't wait to share it with you once everything is ready to launch!