It's finally Fall, y'all! I'm currently curled up on the couch with a cozy blanket, catching up on Fall season premieres and burning a pumpkin cupcake scented candle. Oh, and let's just ignore the fact that it's still 80 degrees outside, ok?
In honor of the start of the best season of the year, I've compiled a short + sweet bucket list that I'm not only going to work through, but you can, too! I'd love to hear some of your favorite things to do when Fall rolls around down in the comments section!
1. Get Back to Baking - When I was in high school, I baked ALL the time. As in, I was late to school several times my senior year because I was putting finishing touches on cupcakes that I was bringing in to share with my classmates. It surely didn't bring me a Best Attendance award, but I did win Most Likely to Brighten Your Day. Because, you know, that's super important and everything. These Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies, Brown Butter Snicker Doodles + this Bourbon + Brown Sugar Peach Pie are at the top of my to-bake list!
2. Clean Out Your Closet - After watching this video from my sweet friend Savannah from Maiedae, and hearing my neighbor rave about the book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up", I'm beyond ready to embrace a more minimalistic lifestyle. We have more clothes than any two people will ever need, and I used to have a pretty bad habit of hanging onto anything and everything ... Not to mention we have about 15 boxes sitting in our kitchen from wedding gifts that need to be broken down. Oh, and I should also mention that we're really bad at cleaning.
3. Make A Change - I'm a big fan of trying new things when it comes to my personal style, and that definitely includes changing up my hair cut and color. I've been pinning away some new ideas, and what better time to change things up than a new season?
4. Celebrate the Return of Fall TV - Ok, so by now y'all know I'm ALL about my TV shows. Fall season premieres have already started and I can't wait to catch up on The Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, The Voice, The Mindy Project, Once Upon A Time + about a million and twelve other shows. I should probably check in to some sort of TV obsessed self help class or something at this point.
5. Create the Perfect Chili Recipe - Over the last few years I've tried multiple chili recipes, none of which have really hit the mark. Oh, and I should probably mention that I'm no Paige (check out her blog My Modern Cookery ... This girl is a magician in the kitchen!), but I can twist and combine recipes I've found like no other. P.S. If you have a really great chili recipe that you think is the best, let me know!